Tag Archives: 上海夜网NL

first_img France international Martial sealed a £36million move from the Ligue 1 side to Old Trafford on transfer deadline day – which came as a surprise to long-term admirer Wenger, who had tracked the youngster since his days at Lyon. The 19-year-old forward has made a fine start to his United career – netting four goals in his first four games – and could play against the Gunners in the Barclays Premier League clash at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday. If Wenger had his way, however, Martial could be lining up for the north London side, rather than against them, this weekend. “I was surprised they sold him,” Wenger told several national newspapers. “The amount of money was massive. I believe that you could think that, if you are Monaco, you could have sold him as well next season. “So I thought they would not sell him this year because they sold many other players. “I thought they would maintain their word. He was not sellable. He was not on the list. He was one of the players Monaco did not want to sell, so we never made an approach for him. “Only an acceptable amount of money after could do it. We always liked him, even when he was in Lyons.” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists he never made a move for new Manchester United signing Anthony Martial this summer – because Monaco told him was not for sale.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgThe late Reverend Maxwell P. Magbinne, a Baptist clergy referred to by members of the Fundamental Baptist Churches as “Hero of faith” was laid to rest on August 22. He died August 7 after a protracted period of illness.Having received the Christian faith as far back as the 1960s and staying therein during the good times and trials, the late Rev. Magbinne is praised by members of his denomination for roles he played in their blessed weddings; building many churches; leading many people to Christ; purchasing more properties for the Calvary Baptist Church, which he once led as a pastor; and reconciling the Fundamental Baptist Churches that almost fell apart in the 1980s.Tributes during the funeral indicated that Reverend Maxwell Magbinne was though cool-tempered, emotionally intelligent, and soft in speech; nevertheless, he could not compromise the truth for an individual’s interest.On this basis, his numerous admirers said he would use the Gospel to preach and speak the truth to the congregation without regard for anyone’s displeasure about the message he had to deliver.Sympathizers in their elegies did not end their tributes with the regular saying, “May his soul rest in peace,” but were confident that “His soul is resting in peace with the Lord.”“I knew him for saying the truth whether somebody likes it or not. As long as it was scriptural and rational for the good of all, the late Rev. Magbinne will speak it in his sermon and discussion with members of the church. He was a great man of God whose faith could not waver, and I know without condition, he is resting with the Heavenly Father,” a sympathizer elegized.In his tribute, Saye Magbinne, the Late Rev. Magbinne’s son, said for as long as he knew his father and mother, he never saw them fight. “Despite his old age and ailing condition, my dad could cover long distances during the war years just to propagate the Gospel in the interior, and no day could we be late for service. We were always punctual.”The senior pastor of Calvary Baptist Church, Rev. G. Larque Vaye, said in tribute delivered via telephone, “Rev. Magbinne was a devoted preacher, good husband to learn from, hero of faith, reconciler, development-oriented leader, a visionary and one without fear or favor when it comes to the truth.”Rev. William M. Kolaglaye, who delivered the funeral discourse, said “Rev. Magbinne, led the Calvary Baptist Church for years and purchased parcels of land, one of which the Calvary Baptist School is built on in the Fiamah Community.His widow, Mrs. Martha Magbinne, acknowledged how the two of them remained in good relationship since their marriage in 1971 and called each other ‘Mamie and Daddy’. “My husband remained faithful to his God even when he became very sick from 2008, and because he could not speak as a result of illness, he only said ‘hallelujah’ when people came around him.” Their union was blessed with six children. The late Rev. Maxwell Magbinne retired from active preaching in 2008 when he became paralyzed and dumb from hypertension. Though sick for a protracted period of time, family sources say he took his last breath on August 7 when his last cherished daughter, Nienbei mysteriously died after two days on the first job she got after completing college. The daughter was immediately buried. According to family sources, he convulsed in grief and tried to voice out, but could not because of his condition. “It was from the convulsion that he also passed away right after the little girl’s death,” a family member said.Reverend Maxwell Magbinne was born on September 9, 1948 in Yuula, Bong County. He would have been 67 years old this year. He is survived by his wife Martha who he married in 1971; five children, ten grand children; four brothers and three sisters; all living in Liberia. His profile indicates that upon completing high school, he became interested in preaching the Gospel, thereby leading him to attending the Mid-Baptist Mission Bible Institute in Tappita, Lower Nimba County in the 1970s.Upon completion, he became actively involved with evangelizing and planted churches in Monrovia and other parts of the country.He was also privileged to travel for seminars and conferences to the United States where he gained much experience in church administration.He is recorded for leading the Calvary and Beawo Baptist Churches on 18th Street and using his leadership skills to acquire properties for them, something members count on to describe him as a true visionary.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

first_imgA young boy has been rushed to hospital by helicopter after a fall in an Inishowen play area.The young lad was playing with friends in Culdaff when he fell and suffered back injuries just after 3pm.The Rescue 118 helicopter from Sligo and it transported the injured boy to Letterkenny General Hospital. It is understood the boy suffered a spinal injury but it is not known how serious it is. BOY FLOWN TO HOSPITAL AFTER FALL AT PLAY AREA was last modified: July 24th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:culdaffINISHOWEN RESCUE 118last_img read more

Recent Comments