Dr. Kenneth Darroux, Minister for Health and Social ServicesWork has commenced on the new Margot Hospital project with respect to clearing the site as steps are being taken to begin construction.This was announced by the Minister responsible for Health and Social Services, Dr. Kenneth Darroux during a press conference held on Tuesday 1 May 2018.“We are moving forward in Marigot. In fact, as we speak, work has started on clearing of the site at Marigot,” he said. Dr Darroux confirmed that clearing of the current Marigot Hospital site begun on Monday 30 April 2018 after permission was granted from the Environment Health Department.The clearing of the site is the Dominica Government’s contribution to the project while the Mexican Government will fund the construction of the hospital.It was announced in 2017, that funds for construction of the Marigot Hospital which was closed down due to termite infestation, will come from the Mexican Government in the sum of five million US dollars.“For the construction, we have received the clearance by Environmental Health; because that was one of the major reasons which caused us to shut down in the first instance was the issue of termite,” Dr Darroux indicated. He confirmed that the site has since been treated, and the Ministry of Health and Social Services has received “clearance from Pest Control and Environmental Health that the site is safe to rebuild”.Dr. Darroux further explained during Tuesday’s press conference that the process from commitment of funds to actually receiving it “is most times very tardy, very time consuming, lots of documents, lots of back and forth emails, lots of back and forth phone calls”.“So sometimes this process takes a little time, but finally we have gotten all of the ‘Is’ dotted and all of the ‘Ts’ crossed, and both sides would have agreed and we are moving forward with the Marigot Hospital,” he continued. Additionally, Dr Darroux informed clearing the site was one of the prerequisites that government had to undertake in order to receive the funds from the Mexican Government. HealthLifestyleLocalNewsPolitics Clearing of Marigot Hospital site begins by: – May 2, 2018 Sharing is caring! 377 Views no discussions Share Share Share Tweet
Tag Archives: 上海夜网SY
By Mitch Phillips | MONACO(REUTERS)-Russia’s athletics ban will run into 2017 and may include the August world championships after a Task Force monitoring the nation’s anti-doping programme refused yesterday to put any dates on a “road map” for a return.Rune Andersen, the Norwegian heading the independent Task Force, reported to the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Council that there had been areas of progress but many issues still needed clarifying in the new year.IAAF president Sebastian Coe said the Council felt “comforted” the changes had come about as a result of the decision to ban the Russians but recognised that athletics still had work to do to regain the trust of the public.“This is a pretty important week in the history of our sport,” said Coe who will present a series of radical governance reforms to a special Congress meeting on Saturday.“I do not want this sport to return to the grotesque stories that even over the last few days we’ve been waking up to,” he added, in reference to recent allegations of more corruption in the organisation under its previous leadership.The Russian Federation (RUSAF) was banned in November 2015 after an independent World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) probe exposed state-sponsored doping on a massive scale.The suspension was upheld earlier this year, ruling almost all Russian track and field athletes out of the Rio Olympics.On Thursday, Andersen indicated there was a chink of light for the country, one of the super-powers of athletics.“RUSAF has made further progress since June including anti-doping education modules and securing the co-operation of the Russian criminal authorities and parliament in criminalising the supply of doping products,” he told a news conference.“But one of the key remaining issues is how to demonstrate the IAAF and RUSADA (Russian Anti-Doping) will be able to carry out testing without interference which is a key part of their reinstatement.McLAREN REPORT“The Task Force will go to Moscow in January to assess the response to part two of the McLaren report on Dec. 9 and to monitor progress.”Richard McLaren, co-author of the independent WADA report, is due to release the second part of his findings in London next week.Andersen said the Task Force would report back to Council in February when it hoped to “identify a clear road map” for Russia’s return.However, he declined to give any further likely timeframe and it appears unlikely the nation will be in the frame for the European indoor championships in Belgrade in March.Earlier yesterday, Russian President Vladimir Putin used his state of the nation address to say he thought effective measures would be in place early in the new year.“I am sure the so-called doping scandal will allow us to create the most advanced system of righting this evil in Russia,” Putin said.“I assume the national programme of counter-acting doping will be ready as early as the beginning of next year.”Today, the IAAF will announce the winners of the male and female athlete of the year awards while Saturday’s Congress is to discuss and almost certainly improve Coe’s radical shakeup of the organisation.Those changes, geared towards making the IAAF more accountable and transparent and establishing an independent integrity unit, will be debated against a backdrop of more allegations of massive corruption by Coe’s predecessor Lamine Diack and his son Papa Massata Diack.Both men are being investigated by French prosecutors for alleged corruption and money-laundering and have been accused of accepting bribes to cover up positive doping tests and influencing the award of hosting rights for major events.