Early Look at Spring Planting Weather is Promising Home Indiana Agriculture News Early Look at Spring Planting Weather is Promising Facebook Twitter Early-look-at-spring-planting-weatherIt’s a little early to be talking about spring 2019 planting weather conditions, but HAT chief meteorologist Ryan Martin did that this week in presentations at the Indiana Farm Equipment and Technology Expo, and a offered a possibility for good planting windows. But before that time rolls around, Hoosiers will have to deal with a snowy and cold winter.“The cold temperatures that we expect coming in for most of the winter would indicate that we should still see ample snow, but cold air generally produces a drier, fluffier snow,” he explained. “If we’re looking at a lot of Alberta clipper systems, which is what I think we will be looking at, snow can pile up, especially central and northern parts of the state. But we are still looking at generally below normal precipitation, liquid equivalent precipitation from that as we go through the January, February, and maybe March period.”It will be cold across most of the state, but to what degree?“I’m looking for us to generally be 3-6 degrees below normal, on average, for your maximum temperatures through the months of January and February,” Martin said. “That’s probably where we’re going to be peaking out. I think once we get into March we should be seeing temperatures ease a bit.”For further into spring, Martin’s models right now are suggesting the dryer or below normal precipitation will continue into March, April and then May, possibly back to near normal in May. Temperatures, like precip, look pretty good.“Temperatures do look like they want to climb, maybe getting normal to slightly above in March, but April does look warmer than normal on average, and then May back to near normal. If we put those two things together, we should be looking at maybe some windows for ample planting or even some early planting progress in April.”That’s encouraging, but it is the weather and models change, so stay tuned. By Andy Eubank – Dec 12, 2018 Facebook Twitter SHARE SHARE Previous articleIndiana Farm Expo Thursday Schedule of EventsNext articleFarm Bill Clears the House and Heads to President’s Desk Andy Eubank
Tag Archives: 不准不开心
The fresh policymaker projections start to show just how long that might take. At the median, officials see the unemployment rate falling to 6.5 percent at the end of 2021 and 5.5 percent at the end of 2022 – still a full 2 percentage points above where it was at the end of last year, representing millions of lost years of work and wages.“The ongoing public health crisis will weigh heavily on economic activity, employment and inflation in the near term and poses considerable risks to the economic outlook over the medium term,” the Fed said in its policy statement.The response has been an unparalleled level of unanimity in the outlook for monetary policy. All 17 current Fed policymakers see the key overnight interest rate, or federal funds rate, remaining near zero through next year, and 15 of 17 see no change through 2022.Even in the depths of the 2007-2009 financial crisis and recession some policymakers raised a cautionary flag about the need for higher interest rates to guard against inflation.This time that debate has disappeared. The Fed’s preferred measure of inflation is expected to be a weak 0.8 percent this year, compared to the central bank’s goal of 2 percent, and rising to just 1.7 percent at the end of 2022.At this point “we are not even thinking about thinking about raising rates,” Powell said.The decision to leave the policy rate unchanged on Wednesday was unanimous. The central bank also began shaping the longer-term measures it will use to keep the recovery as strong as possible. Officials promised to maintain ongoing Fed bond purchases at least at the current pace of around US$80 billion per month in Treasuries and $40 billion per month in agency and mortgage-backed securities – levels that may be increased later, or supplemented with other strategies.While growth may resume this year, policymaker forecasts show the rebound beginning in earnest in 2021, with economic growth for the year forecast at 5 percent.Notably, the Fed did not mark down its long-run estimates of full employment, trend growth or the federal funds rate, a sign officials feel the country may escape permanent economic damage from a health crisis that has killed more than 112,000 in a few months.“Their messaging is we are keeping rates low, but this is going to work, it is going to get us there,” said Bruce Monrad, chairman and portfolio manager at Northeast Investors Trust in Boston.On Wall Street, which had been near unchanged ahead of the Fed’s statement, stock prices ended mixed. The benchmark S&P 500 index .SPX was down about 0.5 percent whereas the Nasdaq Composite was up about 0.7 percent. Yields on US Treasuries slipped and the dollar fell against a basket of currencies.The pledge to keep monetary policy loose until the US economy is back on track repeats a promise made early in the central bank’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.That response included cutting interest rates to near zero in March and making trillions of dollars in credit available to banks, financial firms, and a wide array of companies.Powell said that while much remains uncertain, particularly the progress of the pandemic, the fiscal and monetary response has been working well so far, maintaining income support for the unemployed and limiting business failures so far.More may be needed, he said.“This is the biggest economic shock in living memory,” Powell said. The response “has been large, forceful and very quick … In a class by itself.”Topics : The US Federal Reserve on Wednesday signaled it plans years of extraordinary support for an economy facing a torturous slog back from the coronavirus pandemic, with policymakers projecting the economy to shrink 6.5 percent in 2020 and the unemployment rate to be 9.3 percent at year’s end.In the first economic projections of the pandemic era, US central bank policymakers put into numbers what has been an emerging narrative: that the shutdowns, restrictions and other measures used to battle a health crisis will echo through the economy for years to come rather than be quickly reversed as commerce reopens.Some 20 million or more people have been thrown out of work since February, and Fed Chair Jerome Powell acknowledged it could take years for them to all reacquire jobs – an economic blow that is falling heaviest on minority communities at a time when mass protests over police brutality have thrown a new spotlight on racial inequality in the United States. Powell, acknowledging the nationwide demonstrations in his opening remarks at a news briefing, said it was now the Fed’s single-minded mission to bring the job market back to where it was at the end of last year, with the unemployment rate at a record low 3.5 percent and wage gains accumulating for some of the very same lower-paid workers in the service sector that have suffered most during the recent collapse.“Twenty-two, 24 million people – somehow as a country we have to get them back to work,” Powell said via video link after the end of the Fed’s latest two-day policy meeting. “They did not do anything wrong. This was a natural disaster.”“It is a long road. It is going to take some time,” he said. “We can use our tools to support the labor market and the economy and we can use them until we fully recover.”Years-long fight
Hazard could yet beat hip trouble in time to face Watford at Stamford Bridge on Boxing Day, with Hiddink intent on helping the 24-year-old hit back to his best after a miserable opening to the new campaign. “He had a terrific season last year and it’s also normal you can have a setback after that,” said Hiddink. “But I think he can be a key player again.” Hazard proved an unwitting stooge in Dr Eva Carneiro’s Chelsea exit in September. Blues medic Carneiro was branded “naive” for rushing onto the field to treat the Belgium star in Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Swansea on August 8. One of Chelsea’s most potent and creative attacking forces last term, Hazard has been a shadow of his former self – but Hiddink vowed to restore the ex-Lille star to former glories. “He is a key player as captain of the national team in Belgium – but also here when he gets back into shape. “He was unlucky to be injured recently, which was another setback. “We need to get the ego back for him to perform.” Guus Hiddink has challenged Eden Hazard to rediscover his “ego” to become a key player at Chelsea again. Hiddink will oversee Chelsea for the first match of his second spell at Stamford Bridge on Boxing Day, while Didier Drogba appears to inch ever closer to joining the Blues’ backroom staff. Former Chelsea hit man Drogba sat alongside Hiddink and owner Roman Abramovich for the 3-1 win over Sunderland last weekend. The 37-year-old remains contracted for another season at Montreal Impact in Major League Soccer, but could yet assume a short-term role with Chelsea. Drogba’s MLS club have released a statement admitting talks with Chelsea over the Ivorian joining Hiddink’s back-room staff on a temporary basis. Montreal Impact want Drogba back for the start of the new season in March, however, leaving talks to continue between the two clubs. “We are currently in contact with Didier Drogba and Chelsea FC,” Montreal Impact confirmed via twitter. “We are doing everything we can to have him back with the Impact in 2016. “We understand his attachment to his former club and his desire to help them. We are willing to accommodate him. “But our objective is to have him back for another season, as agreed in his contract. This situation is out of our control. “We would like to thank our supporters for their understanding and their patience.” Stamford Bridge’s new interim manager Hiddink has prioritised restoring the confidence shattered by nine Premier League defeats this term, and Jose Mourinho’s sacking. The 69-year-old wants Chelsea to locate the strutting self-assurance that underscored last season’s league title charge, to guide the Blues away from relegation conflict. Press Association
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos: A fascinating 2019by Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says they have a lot to look forward to in 2019.The trophies kept on coming for Los Blancos as they picked up a third successive Champions League win and added the Club World Cup to it before the end of the year.Real Madrid held an open training session for fans at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano, and Ramos reflected on the year afterwards.”Hopefully in 2019 we can continue to maintain our streak of recent years but we will remember this year as an historic year,” he said.”I hope that we can celebrate many more titles with our fans. Let all fans enjoy their team and have a fascinating 2019.”
Victor Lindelof delighted signing new Man Utd dealby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveVictor Lindelof has signed a new deal with Manchester United.The Swede has penned a new long-term contract with Manchester United, keeping him at the club until at least June 2024. The defender said, “Since the day I arrived at United it has felt like home. I have grown significantly both as a player and as a person in the last two years and for that I am grateful to everyone at the club for their help and support. “I love playing football and my aim now is to help the team to win trophies and repay the fans for their unrivalled support. I know that everyone at the club shares this vision and will give everything to get Manchester United back to where it belongs. “I’m still young and know I can improve further but with the help of the boss and his coaching staff, I believe that only good things are ahead for this great club.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Five-star defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr. is an imposing figure, standing 6-foot-4 and weighing 293 pounds. Beckner possesses an impressive physical stature but showed an equally powerful emotional side as he broke down in tears this morning before announcing his decision to sign with Missouri. Beckner hails from East St. Louis, Ill., a city that has been hit hard by poverty and crime. It’s awesome seeing how much this moment meant for Beckner and the family members that surrounded him. Good luck to the young man as he stays local.
EDMONTON – Alberta Premier Rachel Notley says her government is suspending talks with British Columbia on the purchase of electricity from that province.She says it’s the first step in Alberta’s fight against the B.C. government’s move to obstruct the Kinder Morgan oil pipeline expansion project.She says $500 million annually for B.C.’s coffers hangs in the balance.Notley says she met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Edmonton today on the pipeline issue and is calling on the federal government to end the dispute.She says the federal government needs to be specific about what it will do to ensure that the pipeline expansion moves ahead.The B.C. government has said it plans to ban increased shipments of diluted bitumen off the province’s coast until it can determine that shippers are prepared and able to properly clean up a spill.
LONDON – Lauri Love is said to have hacked thousands of computers in the US and elsewhere.A 28-year-old British man has been arrested on suspicion of hacking offences against the US Army, military and government.Lauri Love was arrested in Suffolk by the National Crime Agency under the Computer Misuse Act. He has been released on bail until February next year. Under the UK computer misuse act someone can be arrested for launching cyber attacks from within the UK against any country in the world.Andy Archibald, head of the NCA’s National Cyber Crime Unit said, “This arrest is the culmination of close joint working by the NCA, Police Scotland and our international partners.” “Cyber-criminals should be aware that no matter where in the world you commit cyber crime, even from remote places, you can and will be identified and held accountable for your actions,” he warned.Archibald went on to boast about the NCA’s global reach stating that they have “well developed law enforcement alliances globally and we will pursue and deal robustly with cyber-criminals”.According to the US indictment, Love is alleged to have hacked “thousands of computer systems in the United States and elsewhere”.US attorney Paul Fishman said, “As part of their alleged scheme, they stole military data and personal identifying information belonging to servicemen and women. Such conduct endangers the security of our country and is an affront to those who serve.”Love has not been charged in the UK but was indicted in the US after an international investigation by the US army’s criminal investigation command.Last year Gary Mckinnon was saved from extradition to the US only after the Home Secretary, Theresa May, intervened and withdrew an extradition order. Mckinnon was said to have committed the “biggest military computer hack of all time”, after he hacked 97 US military and NASA computers looking for what he says was suppression of free energy and a cover up of UFOs. Mckinnon fought a 10-year legal battle to try and stop the extradition.
FiveThirtyEight’s editor-in-chief, Nate Silver, discussed our NCAA men’s basketball tournament predictions Tuesday with “Good Morning America’s” Josh Elliott.If you missed it, here’s the clip:
Aaron Rodgers is arguably the greatest quarterback of all time,1By career quarterback passer rating, he is. so it’s hard to imagine that there could ever be too much Rodgers in a game plan. Yet this seemed to be the problem for Mike McCarthy and Green Bay through the first nine weeks of the season. On Sunday, though, the Packers flipped the script for a 31-12 victory against the Miami Dolphins, a win keyed by one of the best rushing performances in the Rodgers era.The Packers entered Week 10 last in the NFL in share of running plays on first down (39.6 percent) despite being second in the league in play success on those runs (48.5 percent).2A successful first-down play is defined as getting a first down or touchdown or gaining at least 40 percent of the yardage needed to convert a first down. But on Sunday, they ran on more than half of their first downs (51.85 percent) and gained 142 yards on their 14 carries, including 117 yards on nine carries by Aaron Jones.Even with their Week 10 performance, the Packers still stand out when we juxtapose how often they run on first down with how well they run: On Sunday, the Packers weren’t just taking advantage of a soft run defense to make this kind of structural change: Miami entered the game in the middle of the pack in play success allowed to opponents running on first down. Instead, a renewed focus on the run has been in the works in Green Bay for several weeks.Just giving the ball to Jones was a massive step in the right direction for Green Bay. He only recently became the Packers’ primary running back. After serving a suspension the first two games of the year for a substance abuse violation, Jones split snaps with Ty Montgomery and Jamaal Williams largely because of the Packers’ passing emphasis. McCarthy saw him as an incomplete running back because of his shortcomings as a blocker and as a receiving threat.“There’s more to playing the position than just running the football,” McCarthy said in early October. And that’s especially true if running the football is not remotely a point of emphasis for a team.But that’s changing now. And why shouldn’t it? Let’s compare the first 19 games of Aaron Jones’s career to the first 19 games of another back with a Hall of Fame quarterback who ended up changing his team’s scheme:Jones: 154 carries for 942 yards (6.12 yards per rush), 8 rushing TDsAlvin Kamara: 157 carries for 869 yards (5.54 yards per rush), 10 rushing TDsWhile NFL teams generally run too much — especially on first down — it’s a problem specifically when defenses are geared to stop the run. But that’s not the case for teams facing Green Bay. Like Kamara and the Saints last year, Jones has a quarterback whom defenses fear so much that they don’t dare put an extra defender in the box to stuff the running back.This season, the Packers have faced eight or more defenders in the box on first down just eight times in 272 snaps, a league-low rate of 2.94 percent (8.75 percent is average). Defenses are pretty much willing to concede the run — similar to how teams defend the Los Angeles Rams, who face stacked boxes almost as infrequently (3.8 percent). But the Rams, who are the only team better than the Packers in rushing success rate (51.1 percent), run the ball on first down 56.3 percent of the time, including 49.4 percent in the first half, when the score of the game is less likely to influence these play calls.Can the Packers, at 4-4-1, maintain this newfound offensive balance and ride their running ways to the postseason? Their first test will be Thursday at Seattle before they travel to Minnesota in Week 12 in a game that could determine an NFC wild-card spot. The promos and advertisements for that Sunday Night Football contest will spotlight Aaron Rodgers, but the Packers featuring less of him may be the key to getting that victory.Check out our latest NFL predictions.