Quique Setien could hold onto his job at Barcelona due to a boardroom split. According to the Daily Mail says Barcelona could delay announcing the sacking of Setien until next week as internal debate rages at the club over whether former Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino is the best man to take over. Pochettino does not have unanimous support at the club but his friend, the Barcelona president, Josep Bartomeu remains hopeful he can convince fellow board members to hire the 48-year-old who Tottenham sacked last November.Advertisement read also:Henry in contention to replace Setien as Barcelona manager Setien’s position became completely untenable after Barcelona lost 8-2 to Bayern Munich on Friday. But although the club have already made the decision to dismiss the 61-year-old they could delay officially confirming it until after a board meeting that El Mundo Deportivo reported is likely to take place Monday or Tuesday at the latest. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The World8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise You5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeThe Best Cars Of All TimeYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made Loading…
Tag Archives: 夜上海论坛QT
Newly appointed technical director of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Shuaibu Amodu has told the out-of-contract chief coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi to honourably resign whatever working relationship he has with the NFF so as to give the country the opportunity to reposition its football.Speaking to journalists in Abuja yesterday, Amodu said his position on the matter was anchored on the fact that ‘a coach is as good as his last game’ hence the former national team captain having failed to qualify the country for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) has no business hanging onto the job.Amodu who described the embattled Keshi as a thoroughbred professional added that retaining him as the Super Eagles coach will send a wrong signal because a precedent had been set when Samson Siasia was sacked after failing to qualify the country for the 2012 AFCON.“I am of this opinion because as a coach you are as good as your last game but only Keshi alone should decide what to do. If he has a reputation he should walk out of the job but if he does not have it, he should hang on to the job. The truth is that he has failed and to keep him is a bad precedent because when Siasia failed instantly, they told the whole country that he had failed and he left and President Jonathan could not save him. What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander. That is my personal opinion”.The former BCC Lions of Gboko tactician further advised that with the failure of the Super Eagles to qualify for the Equatorial Guinea 2015 AFCON, the best option for the NFF is to give the National U-23team, the Dream Team all the support to succeed because the next crop of national team players will come from there.“Let me also advice that the best thing for us is to support the Dream team 6 because that is where our next set of players will come from. I am not saying that we should throw away everybody in the Super Eagles but, that is the way to go” Amodu added. He however revealed that he will be resuming officially as the NFF technical director in the next two or three weeks.–
The National Toshaos Council (NTC) has informed local stakeholders and community development officials of their annual conference, which will be held over the course of five days next month.Under the theme “Guyana’s first people united in the promotion of the green economy through preservation of our languages, lands and rights”, the conference is scheduled for October 7 to October 11.Throughout this engagement, Toshaos and other personnel will be able to share issues that are affecting their people and villages. In recent time, the Indigenous peoples have complained about the issuance of land titles, which was promised by Government.After heavy criticism, Government approved grants for the establishment of legal boundaries in the communities of Parabaru, Region Nine (Upper Takatu-Essequibo); Rockstone, Region 10 (Upper Demerara-Berbice), and in Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni), Tasserene and Kangaruma. Meanwhile, existing communities which had their grants approved for extensions are Mainstay/Whyaka, Mashabo and Capoey, on the Essequibo Coast, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam).This was announced by Director General at the Ministry of the Presidency, Joseph Harmon, who told reporters that these approvals were granted based on recommendations from the Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs Ministry, which has responsibility for the ALT Project.The Amerindian Land Titling process was facilitated by the Amerindian Act of 2006 which catered for land titling and extensions.This led to the establishment of the Amerindian Land Titling Project, which commenced in 2013 and was scheduled to end in 2016. This was a US$10.7 million project funded by the GRIF programme and according to the Director General, the allotted sum has not been exhausted.The Amerindian Act of 2006 states that a village may apply in writing to the Minister (of Indigenous Peoples’ Affairs) for a grant of State lands as an extension to its village lands.Furthermore, Indigenous communities can apply in writing to the subject Minister provided that it has been in existence for over 25 years at the time of application and for the immediately preceding five years, it comprises at least 150 persons among others.
CALGARY, A.B. — A new Reuters News Agency report is suggesting Petronas and its Pacific NorthWest LNG consortium partners hope to make a decision within months whether to move forward with the project.“Depending on the timing of the CEAA decision, we would hope that by late summer or early fall we would be in a position to follow up on (a final investment decision),” president of Pacific NorthWest LNG Michael Culbert said in a phone interview with Reuters.Culbert also says further delays to the environmental review could push back the investment decision timeline. He has been president since the fall of 2014, but is stepping down to focus on his duties as chief executive officer of Calgary-based Progress Energy, which was acquired by Petronas in 2012, and taking on the new role of Petronas Country Chair for Canada.- Advertisement -The Malaysian national oil and gas company also owns a 62 per cent stake in the $36-billion proposed Pacific Northwest LNG project and leads the consortium seeking to build an $11.4-billion LNG export terminal on Lelu Island on B.C.’s northwest coast.Culbert believes whether the LNG project goes ahead or not, depends largely on final conditions imposed by Canada’s environmental regulator, and Pacific Northwest is now working to address the agencies final round of questions.Once that’s done, the Trudeau government have promised the company will have its decision on the project within three months. But, the Reuters report says Culbert believes it’s fair to say some of the agencies’ conditions in last February’s draft review were ‘not realistic’ for a construction project of this magnitude.Advertisement Meantime, industry sources say the LNG price cycle continues to underscore difficulties in timing the construction of all proposed multi-billion dollar projects which take years to come on line.Chevron CEO John Watson was recently quoted in a Bloomberg report as suggesting companies have to focus on long-term natural gas demand which is expected to grow by 35 per cent over the next 20 years.But that report also said the over-supplied LNG market is in hiatus right now, as energy giants like Chevron await a surge of demand from countries seeking access to energy.