Former Australia opener and high-profile cricket commentator Michael Slater was removed from a Qantas plane from Sydney to Wagga on the weekend. Slater was asked to deboard after he became involved in a heated discussion with two women passengers he was travelling with.A report in Macquarie Radio said Michael Slater yelled abuses at one of his two women companions before proceeding to lock himself up in the bathroom. He refused to come out and delayed the flight by 30 minutes. Airport security was then alerted.Macquarie Radio further reported that Qantas confirmed the incident.Michael Slater issued a statement to Macquarie Radio and admitted to an argument with two friends. “I did have an argument with 2 friends whilst boarding a flight to Wagga and I apologise for the inconvenience this caused other passengers on the flight,” he said.Michael Slater, 49, played 72 Test matches and 42 Tests for Australia from 1993 to 2001.In 2001, Michael Slater had used abusive language against then Indian vice-captain Rahul Dravid during the Mumbai Test. However, it was later learnt Slater had apologised to Dravid over a drink at the end of the day’s play.Also Read | Keep it funny, not personal: Moeen Ali urges fans to go easy on Smith and WarnerAlso Read | I wanted to bat like Shahid Afridi: Rashid KhanAlso See
Tag Archives: shlf1314千花
Seoul: You can sell North Korean food in South Korea. But you’ll get into trouble if you decorate your restaurant with something deemed praising North Korea. Authorities say the owner of a Seoul restaurant under construction removed signs with the portrait of North Korean leaders and the image of a North Korean flag from the restaurant’s exterior wall on Monday. The restaurant had been criticized over the weekend after local media published those signs. Police say they are looking at a possibility that the owner violated South Korea’s security law that punish an act of praising North Korea with up to seven years in prison. Police quoted the owner as saying such a North Korea-themed exterior decoration would draw more attention and help him make more profits.
Kolkata: Police have arrested an auto-rickshaw driver for assaulting a girl after she demanded a clarification from the accused for refusing her a ride to Ganguly Bagan area.The incident took place near Jadavpur 8B bus stand on Monday evening. The victim was standing near the bus stand along with a friend to get an auto-rickshaw to reach home at Ganguly Bagan. The victim had gone to Jadavpur University to meet some of her old friends there. She left for home at around 8.30 pm from the university. The victim is a former student of Jadavpur University and now stays in Mumbai. The victim told police that she had been waiting there for a few minutes but no auto-rickshaw drivers were willing to take her to her destination. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeAlmost half an hour later, the victim tried to stop an auto-rickshaw but the driver denied to take her. The helpless victim asked for an answer as to why he would not take passengers for the mentioned route.As she demanded an explanation, the driver got down from the vehicle and slapped her. He has been identified as Asish Saha, who was arrested by the police on late Monday night. The victim girl also alleged that on duty policemen did not co-operate with her after the incident. The victim’s friend went to seek help from a police sergeant posted nearby, who refused to go to the spot. The officer told her friend that he would not be able to go there and would send forces. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedThe accused driver fled the spot immediately. The victim girl later lodged a complaint at the local police station on Monday night on the basis of which police have started a probe.Sadhan Pandey, state consumer affairs minister, said he had spoken to the state transport minister in this regard.He also said the state government will soon roll out Auto-rickshaw policy. The minister has urged people to register complaints with both the transport and consumer affairs department if they are heckled by auto-rickshaw drivers inany manner.
Google has officially announced that its Project Fi will be rebranded to ‘Google Fi’. They have also expanded Fi’s support to multiple phones like Samsung, Moto, LG, iPhone and OnePlus. The service for iPhone will be in beta for the time being. Even though Google admits that the process for iPhone will require “a few extra steps to get set up”, there will be a new Google Fi iOS app to help customers get comfortable with the process. What is Google Fi? Google Fi is a “mobile virtual network operator” and is recognized for its unique approach compared to most other network carriers. It does not operate on its own network, but piggybacks on those of T-Mobile, Sprint, and US Cellular, handing a customer’s phone to whichever offers the strongest connection at any given time. Fi also offers simplified data plans, easy international use, and a slew of other perks. It has no long-term contracts- a customer has to pay on a month to month basis. The data costs the same internationally as it does at home, in most countries. There’s just a single payment “plan,” which starts at $20 for access to a line, plus an additional $10 for every gigabyte consumed. If a user has only one line and uses more than 6GB, they only pay a maximum of $80 for that month. The Catch with Fi for iPhones Fi operates as a virtual network operator, and only a few phones including Google Pixels and those that are explicitly “designed for Fi” will be able to dynamically switch between those carriers’ networks. Android phones and iPhones that are that aren’t built specifically for Google Fi will miss out on this functionality. In addition, since the iPhone will receive support in beta, there can be a less-than-smooth experience for customers who choose to use Fi on their iPhones. Important secondary features like visual voicemail, calls and texts over Wi-Fi, automated spam detection, and international tethering will be left out because of the beta support. The Fi website cautions that iPhone users will have to do a bit of tweaking to get their texting feature to work properly. The iMessage service will function “out of the box,” APN settings will need to be modified to enable MMS. That being said, the real catch with Google Fi has always been its simplicity and affordability, both of which will remain irrespective of the device a customer chooses to use. Google Fi still has some catching up to do with other carriers when it comes to features like including support for the RCS Universal Profile for texting and number sharing for things like LTE smartwatches. This announcement of extending Fi’s support for multiple devices does signal Google’s efforts to broaden its user base and boost device support. Head over to Google’s official Blog for more information on this announcement. Read Next A year later, Google Project Zero still finds Safari vulnerable to DOM fuzzing using publicly available tools to write exploitsBuzzFeed Report: Google’s sexual misconduct policy “does not apply retroactively to claims already compelled to arbitration”#GoogleWalkout demanded a ‘truly equitable culture for everyone’; Pichai shares a “comprehensive” plan for employees to safely report sexual harassment
SANTA CLARITA — Sun is shining and fares are dropping with Princess Cruises’ Great Getaways Sale. Based on double occupancy, the sale offers fares from US$349 on cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico and the West Coast.Getaway cruises from both coasts of six or fewer days offer signature onboard amenities such as the Lotus Spa & Fitness Center, top notch live entertainment, and world-class cuisine made from scratch. Guests can choose to enjoy the top-rated beaches of the Caribbean, the festive culture of Mexico, or the charming coastal towns in California.In addition to special cruise ship savings, guests can book with reduced deposits of $50 per person. Third and fourth guests will also save with fares starting at $99 per person.Great Getaways Sale cruise deals include: four-day West Coast Getaways ($349 interior, $449 balcony per guest); six-day Western Caribbean ($499 interior, $699 balcony per guest); five-day Cabo San Lucas Getaway ($499 interior, $699 balcony per guest); and three-day Pacific Coastal ($299 interior, $499 balcony per person).More news: CIE Tours launches first-ever River Cruise CollectionThe Great Getaways Sale is available now through 11:59 p.m. PDT on Dec. 29, 2016. For more information go to princess.com/sale. Monday, December 12, 2016 Posted by Travelweek Group Tags: Princess Cruises
MONTREAL — Air Canada Vacations’ current Europe product can now be fully accessed through its website, aircanadavacations.com. The update creates a centralized location and streamlined booking process for the entire product line and allows agents to locate everything in one place.“We wanted to provide our travel agent partners with a seamless and convenient structure when they shop our Europe inventory,” said George Platanitis, Vice President, Sales & Partnerships, Air Canada Vacations. “We know that they like our product and that they want to book with us, so we are continuing to work diligently to ensure our offering is easily accessible.”ACV’s Europe can also be booked through REVNET via Sirev, Galileo Vacations, Amadeus Tours and Sabre Vacations.This spring the tour operator will release a new Europe brochure complete with an updated collection which will include new destinations, programs and agent incentives. Tags: Air Canada Vacations Share Wednesday, February 15, 2017 Posted by ACV’s entire Europe product line now on website << Previous PostNext Post >> Travelweek Group